A Creative Adventure

Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Beautiful Surprise!


Some flowers just seem to bring the joy of life to me. One of them is the hibiscus. It brings to mind a beautiful love story told to me by a dear friend. Before her husband died, he bought her one of these plants. She loved it and cared for it, and it grew, but it didn't blossom. After his death, and especially when she needed to feel his love for her, she would suddenly find one of its glorious blooms outside her door. Just think of how one must feel to miss someone so desparately and then get a floral message that says, "I Love You!" For me, the blossoms mean fun in Houston at my daughter's house. She would always have them around her pool. We spent many hours swimming in the summer sun and enjoying their beauty. So now, I have them by my front door. As I walked outside today, my breath was stolen by how lovely they look.

No comments: