A Creative Adventure

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Dear Maria, (Note#3)


I want to tell you what a brave person your Aunt Cassie is. You two have not met yet, but I know you will like each other when you do. This is the story of Cassie and the snake. I was baby sitting you one day at your house, and Cassie was home taking care of the cows and horses. She opened the door to go outside. Suddenly she noticed a snake between the screen door and the back door. It was starting to come inside the house. She slammed the door shut, but too late. The snake was half in and half out. Her cat came to her rescue, but she was afraid he might get hurt. She had to think quickly. She ran to the fireplace and pulled the shovel out of the fireplace tools. She tried to do battle with it using the shovel, but it was too flimsy. Then she tried to find something else. On the shelf, she saw my tulip bulb tool. Again, they did battle. Mighty Cassie finally won. She placed a feed bucket over the snake and weighted it down. Don't you think she was brave? I do. She saved the cat and the house from the snake. I miss you. Love, Grandma

No comments: